The Domestic Violence Crisis Center provides services to children who have experienced violence in the home.
Children's Support Group is a project of the Domestic Violence Crisis Center, Inc.
All Services are free to children and their families. Due to COVID-19 and social distance restrictions we are moving our services to an online format. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss supports for children ages 5-12 or call 701-852-2258.
Witnessing and experiencing abuse has many negative effects on children, including:
- Inability to express, share or deal with feelings
- Behavioral problems
- Unexplained, abrupt changes in behavior
- Difficulties in peer and adult relationships
- Sibling rivalry
- Poor Social Skills
- Low Self-Esteem
- Lack of Self-Confidence
- Powerlessness and Shame
- Hopelessness and Helplessness
DVCC's Support Services for ages 4-17
- Weekly Support Group: A confidential setting where children can talk and be listened to, and provide information to help children make changes in behavior and improve self-image and confidence.
- Prevention of abuse through education, activities, and protection planning.
- Weekly Children's Activities to help children become more relaxed and comfortable, promote a positive atmosphere, and strengthen self-esteem.