Volunteer with Us!
"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." -Anne Frank
Why Should I Become a Volunteer?
- A great way to become actively involved in providing a much needed community service.
- A wonderful way to meet people and be involved in your community with likeminded individuals.
- An excellent source of information on the DVCC program, law enforcement's role, the court system, behavioral health issues, and a variety of other domestic violence and sexual assault related issues.
How can I help?
- Assist in the operation of the 24-hour crisis lines
- Assist in Children's Support Group
- Provide coverage at the safe home when staff are unavailable
- Provide childcare during Support Group
- Take part in fundraisers and other awareness projects
- Mentoring or be a guest speaker
- Sort donations
- Assist with our Survivor Groups
- Create ART!
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Be non-judgemental
- Attend meetings and ongoing training provided by DVCC
- Individual and group opportunities are availible.
How Do I Become a Volunteer?
- Email the Volunteer Coordinator, Victoria Conner for an application.
- Complete the application.
- Complete our screening process.
- Sign a confidentiality statement.
- Some positions may require a background check or additional training.